Have you ever caught?

Your children playing with their friends. They suddenly seem quite behind closed doors. You go to investigate. Only to find that they've all had their pants down and touching each other? If you had this experience...what did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I remember doing it. My kids aren't old enough for this yet. But it is pretty normal from about age 4 or 5. When they learn they are different down there. Even boys look different from other boys. And girls look different than boys. My fmaily was pretty open about it, it's nothing we were scolded for. Just explained then why our bodies are different.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I've never caught my kids doing it, but I can remember doing it as a young kid. We were just curious and weren't punished for it. My mom just told us that it was normal to be curious, but then explained why it wasn't appropriate behavior. My mom also told us to come to her when we had any more questions, which we did. She was very open with us (in an age appropriate way) and bought books for us to look at/read. If I caught my kids doing it, I would probably handle it pretty much the same way.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 4:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2010