diaper rash

my DD has had a bad diaper rash for about a week now. I've been putting cream on it and letting her run around naked (we are potty training anyway) and it gets better, but then when she went to day car and had a pull up on it got bad. The rash isn't on her butt, its on her pee-pee. What can I put on it to make it go away.

Kimora_neko

Asked by Kimora_neko at 4:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would take her to the doctor, this happened to my daughter and I put lots of desitin but it wouldn't work they ended up prescriing a much stronger cream and within days it went away. It made life alot better for my baby cause she wasn't in pain anymore.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Is it the brand of pull ups? One brand bothered my son when he was training. Plus, if it is being left on too long at day care??
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• We use huggies. We have been using them and the wal mart brand for a while now so I don't think its the brand. But when she was in diapers we couldn't use huggies because they gave her a rash but the pull ups are fine. Last time she had a rash like this I took her to the doctor and they gave me creme and it went away almost the next day. I let my dad use it because he works out in the sun all day and had a rash from his pants and sweating but he doesn't remember where he put it. And it was last summer.
    Kimora_neko

Comment by Kimora_neko (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• it could be a yeast infection. the rashes are similar but a yeast infection rash looks more pimply. if it is the doc can prescribe a cream for it or you can buy any anti fungal cream containing miconazol.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I was thinking it might be a yeast infection because its not on her butt. and it doesn't really bother her when I wipe her but she will itch it if she can.
    Kimora_neko

Comment by Kimora_neko (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Could be the brand of the pullup...could be the daycare not wiping her well after she tries peeing on the potty.
    Instead of a cream, try some baby powder with cornstarch in it. Works wonders for us.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• well im glad it might have helped. all of my girls got yeast infections often.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• we've use baby power at first and it wasn't doing a thing for her. As for the day care. I know she cleans her good. I've seen her changing DD. (I was picking her up for earlier then normal) We've been using the same brand of pull ups for months, so I don't think its that. I just really don't want to take her to the doctor for nothing but at the same time she has had it for a little over a week....
    Kimora_neko

Comment by Kimora_neko (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• wal mart has yeast infection cream fo r2-3$ so go buy it and it should start clearing up within 24 hours if it is yeast infection.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• it could be something in her diet. My neice kept getting a bad rash on her peepee area and nothing really helped. The dr found out she was having a food allergy to citrus type foods. Every time she eats pineapple or drinks orange juice its back. Good luck
    ajmfmommy

Answer by ajmfmommy at 4:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2010