My son continues to get sick...

We got to a playgroup at the library once a week. He seems to be getting sick, come the weekend about half the month. I can only pin point it to play group. Whether it's the toys not being cleaned, or other children being sick, IDK. I am not going to stop taking my babies, but I am not sure what to do, if anything. He needs to be around germs and this is his only real interaction with other toddlers and babies. Other than keeping his hands washed, what else can I really do?

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 4:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, you can try to think of it as a good thing in a way because it is actually helping him to build up his immune system...after a few years you will notice him not getting sick very often at all.
    My son was in daycare from the time he was 7 weeks old...that poor baby was forever sick until he was about 4 or 5...now his illnesses are very far and few in between. Its never been nothing major, just sniffles,coughs,colds, the occassional virus with vomiting and diarheah. But he's 10 now and healthy as a horse. :)
    Hang in there ma, it will get better.
    Maybe to ward of some of the germs though, wipe his hands with a wipey,before during and after he plays there. That may help cut it down a little.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I agree with Kimberly.

My oldest went to daycare at 18months and was sick for the first 10 months, but he is the healthiest kid now. I mane he has probably been to the doctor because of illness, 6 times in the last 9 years. He is just not sick.
    I think that he built up his immunities and he doesn't get sick much now.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Try a multi-vitamin. Perhaps that extra boost of Vitamin C might help.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Take him to a chiropractor so he can get adjustments that will boost his immune system.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2010