I received this in an email and found this pretty sad. Give me a chance to post it all before responding. :)

JOE LEGAL vs. JOSE ILLEGAL
>
> You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal".
> Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California.
>
>
> Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.
>
>
> Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".
>
>
> Ready? Now pay attention...
>
>
> Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.
>
>
> Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.0 0 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.
>
>
> Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 5:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's life. Life is unfair."

Yea, but this is different. Things SHOULDN'T and don't HAVE to be this way.

***
    EXACTLY!! Like I said before, I don't understand how taxpayers can become pacifists--especially given our mess of an economy and double digit unemployment!!! Do they REALLY feel that helpless and apathetic?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Why this doesn't annoy EVERY taxpaying American citizen, I have no idea!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• wow SAHMommy,you sure have a problem with illegals.......
    ______
    Everyone should. Would you like a criminal babysitting your kids? No, because they committed a crime. Illegal means BREAKING THE LAW. Why is that a concept some people can't grasp?

SAHMommy, its sad and too true. The one thing that the email doesn't mention is the poor "John" who has had his SS# stolen by an illegal and now has to rebuild his credit from scratch.

About seven million illegal immigrants are currently using stolen SSNs was reported in an article by Eduardo Porter in the New York Times.

MSNBC reported that a legal resident in the Chicago suburbs applied for a job at a local Target department store and was not hired because someone who had used her SSN already worked there.
    That was bad enough, but further investigations uncovered that her SSN had been used to obtain work by 37 other employees.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Your elected officials who make loopholes and taxbreaks that sent facturies overseas along with JOE LEGALS JOBS are the ones that affected our economy to the point that we are in this recession.....JOSE LEGAL had NOTHING to do with that.

***

No.  It wasn't MY elected officials who did that...I don't vote for tax and spend Democrats...but you DO!!!  By blindly towing the party line, and endorsing such politicians, YOU and your likeminded feel good liberals, are essentially responsible for this economic mess!!!

Since we both live in PA, I love the fact that our votes cancel out yours!! LOL :oP

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Just goes to prove life is not fair .
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 5:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I'm so sick of hearing about the legal/illegal agreement. My hubby was born in mexico but became a us citizen 10yrs ago. I agree completely that it isn't fair and screwed up. When my hubby and I needed help for medical expenses we were denied cause he "made 2 much $" @ $9/hr and I wasn't working and yet so many ppl in DH family that DON'T have their papers or whatever have new cars paid off, and get gov help every month. It's really not fair if you think about it. my aunt in-law, her hubby, and 2 teenagers ALL work under the table and get roughly $800/ month for help from gov + they receive HUD. They brag about it and how my hubby shouldn't have become "legal". Last month they just bought a brand new speedboat while there are so many pple stuggling with money now
    ajmfmommy

Answer by ajmfmommy at 5:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I do want to share that a lot of the immigrant families I know, send the majority of their money to Mexico/wherever, so they can support their families. I dont think its right, but its them doing what they need to do to provide for their families. And I am from Texas, where everyone complains about it, but everyone also supports it by hiring illegal immigrants.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 5:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• It is really sad. This is a problem we can do something about though.

Strip business licenses/shut them down from employers that hire illegals and make them pay a fine.
    No PA of any sort including school lunches for illegals or their children..even if their kids are citizens.
    Deport illegals as soon as they are picked up. Repeat offenders get to spend a year of hard labor in a Sheriff Joe style jail.
    Allow border landowners to use lethal force to keep their property secure.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Again, you ASSUME SHIT...I am not sypathizing...I just chose FACTS ...and I don't like DEMONIZING the POOR like you do. It isn't THEIR fault our economy is in the tank..although the governemnt has done a good job of making people like YOU believe that.

***

We're proud of the fact that up through last year my husband and I donated just shy of $38,000 to a variety of CHARITIES--we're currently on target for donating about the same amount this year--and that's BEFORE our regular IRS "donation!" Depending on which ones of Bush's tax cuts actually go through next year (and which ones are further extended), it's a pretty safe bet that next years charitable donations will be significantly less. I suppose you'll find fault with that too!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• All while the MILITART INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX and WALL STREET suck AMERICA dry...your waving your angry mob torch at people so POOR they will work for UNDER MINIMUM WAGE

***
    Then why don't you take all of that misdirected anger of yours, and DEMAND that your representatives insist that INS and ICE raid/shut down/and heavily fine all of the companies that HIRE the illegals and pay them such poor wages?! Or do you ENDORSE the fact that they work for pennies on the dollar, in horrible, non-OSHA regulated industries?!

Making those companies culpable, would force them to meet minimum wage requirements, and employ some of the millions of people currently out of work!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2010