When buying a baby shower gift, do you get something for the siblings too?

My cousin and his wife are having a baby, their shower is tomorrow(I know I am SO LAST minute) when it comes to stuff. But they also have a 21 month old, I was thinking of getting her a small present too. What do you think? Do you do it?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't but that would be nice to do.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• You don't have to but its an extra nice thing to do for the other little ones...makes them feel..not left out. (:
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 5:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I think it's a great idea...very thoughtful. A child that young doesn't understand the concept of a shower with gifts for another.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I usually dont but if you do you could get her a lil stuffed animal...
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 5:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I would- but I believe in giving a small gift to the siblings on birthdays too-
    I'd ask mom what she is comfortable with.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I think it's fine, with the new baby getting all the attention or just everyone being excited about the baby's soon arrival...I would get the other sibling a gift. Just because it's a nice thing to do. I have giving my sister's kids both gifts sometimes at a birthday party for one of them when they were smaller, because they didn't always understand that they could not play with the birthday child's birthday gifts right away or to prevent a fight or crying lol.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 5:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• For the younger kids I do. Something small like an animal or a coloring book and crayons. Usually don't spend more than $5 for the other kid. I only get him/her something if they'll be there though.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• If you are really close to the family then I would. I did that for a close friends but I did not for my husband's cousins girlfriend.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Depends, does the 21 month old already have a TON of toys? If so, consider just giving the 21 month old some extra attention and hugs and kisses.
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I've never been to a baby shower where the parents to be already had a child. If you want to get your cousin something go for it.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2010