Mattress recommendation

Ok so after like 13 yrs we are finally about to break down and get a new bed! But there are so many choices and we of course have a limited budget. Our old bed is a Simmons Beauty Rest it lasted well for about 7 yrs, now of course after 13 or 14 it's like sleeping in a canoe!

Do you have a new mattress that you love that didnt cost thousands of dollars? Let's hear about it!

Thanks

dharmagirl

Asked by dharmagirl at 5:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We really like our king sized pillow top mattress from Sams Club. We also got our kids the pillow top twin beds from there as well.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I have a latex mattress that I really love, but it was expensive. They can last 30 years though so in the long run it is worth it. I've never had such comfortable restful sleep in my life.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• If you can possibly afford it go Sleep Number. We've had our for a little over a year. We are in love with it. We bought my Mom one with the adjustable base and she loves it too. I get up with my back, hips and shoulder feeling so much better than on a standard bed.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• We have a Select Comfort Sleep Number bed and we love it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• We have a TempurPedic set and really like it. It has really helped with my husband's back pain. They're kind of pricey, but since they last about 20 years, it's not a bad deal over the long run.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• WE GOT A SEALY .....AND I FEEL LIKE IM SLEEPING IN A NEW BED EVERYNIGHT ....IT WAS ONLY 500 ...FOR KING SIZE!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2010