thinking of going back to school , but i'm afraid i won't qualify for financial assistance. We make $40000 a year family of three.Does anyone know if i would still qualify?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in

• That's about what DH and I make combined (when he's working) and we qualified (and we only have one child). Go for it, it doesn't hurt to try. You can apply for student loans as well (we did that as well).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Even if it's just for a little amount, it's better than nothing! I would try at least! I'm pretty sure we did when we were in the same situation. They'll estimate your family contribution and decide...but like I said..it's definitely worth a try, even for a little bit of money!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Just apply and see!
    jridgill

Answer by jridgill at 5:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Make an appointment at the financial aid office at the school you are planning to attend. You can start your search for scholarships here: http://www.fastweb.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 10:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• The only way you will know for sure is to head out to the school and apply for it. It doesnt hurt to try and I bet that you will qualify. Good luck.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I agree with the OP....the only way to find out for sure is to go and apply.
    yolandasix

Answer by yolandasix at 12:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2010