Does your 7 month old crawl?

My 7 month old daughter is still not crawling. She can roll from back to belly and vice/versa but when she's on her stomach, she wont get up on her knees. She can sit up but if she falls over, she can't catch herself. Is this a delay or is it normal? She was born at 36wks 3days so it wasn't severely premature. I'm wondering if I should ask her doctor about it now, or wait until her 9 month well baby. What do you ladies think? When did your child crawl?

sophiesunshine

Asked by sophiesunshine at 5:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son was born at 34 weeks and he didnt start really crawing until 9 or 10 months and now hes 13 months almost about to start walking so dont worry, im sure shes fine.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I would talk to your doc maybe? Does she get LOTS of time on floor? My second baby practically lived there cuz I was too busy to hold him. He crawled at 4 months, and walked by 9. My first was not this fast. I dont think it is unusual, how your baby is. I would just give her all the practice you can.
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 5:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• my son was born at 36 weeks he is now 8 mnths old and is just now starting to crawl and he pulls himself up in his crib and stands holding onto the edge till i come in :D
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 5:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My first ( a boy) didnt crawl til he was 9 mo ( he was born at 37 wks)
    My second crawled at 6 mo (exactly) and was almost walking at 7 mo lol she was cruising on furniture and climbing at 7mo, she is my wild child LOL
    My 3rd crawled at 6mo too
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 5:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My son was about 9 months I think when he started crawling.
    jridgill

Answer by jridgill at 5:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My oldest son didn't crawl either. He would kind of slither around (like a snake) on his belly. He went straight from slithering to walking. Give her some time before you talk to her doctor about it, and remember that every baby progresses at their own pace.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 5:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My 7 month old is crawling, but crawling is not considered a milestone - many babies do not crawl at all and skip straight to walking! Don't worry, mama.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 5:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Yes, crawled at 51/2 months... is 7 1/2 months now and is walking the furniture and standing unassisted!
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My son was born at 37 weeks and he crawled until he was 10 months old. He buttscooted a lot though (I think he started around 6 1/2 months).
    ixadorexpink

Answer by ixadorexpink at 7:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• 9 months is the average age for crawling. More 7 month olds dont crawl than do. You have nothing to worry about. Some kids never crawl.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 7:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2010