What could be wrong????

So for the last 2 days my 19 month old daughter has been running a high fever, 103ish. I called her dr yesterday and they said to bring her in today if her fever didn't go down. Well her fever has gone down to where it should be but she has been nonstop crying all day. I have been giving her doses of tylenol but doesn't seem to do anything. Any suggestions would be so helpful. Thanks.

Jenpdxs

Asked by Jenpdxs at 5:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds like teething or an ear infection. GIve her something cold and hard to chew on. If that doesn't work get her over to the doc.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• baths are good....and make sure your keeping her in LIGHT clothing....no socks....even if it's just a shirt and diaper! or just a diaper! She could be teething...my boys are getting their molars in and they're 18 months.
    She could just be coming down with something, but i'd take her in anyway since she's non stop crying!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Just make sure and get her to the Dr. to be checked...she could have an ear infection... (pain) that could be making her cry..or it just might be a virus... only way to find out for sure...is see Dr.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 5:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Stop giving Tylenol and don't give Motrin if you have it. They have been recalled, so buy generic. Read this link on fevers, very helpful. http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T082100.asp

Strip down to a diaper only or a onsie. Luke warms baths. Making sure she is drinking. You may have ti use a syringe if not drinking well. It's normal for fevers to go up and down for several days. Just check the link for anything not "normal" on what to do.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• In my opinion i would still take her to the dr or er to be on the safe side...there are a number of things that it can mean and its onl possible for a dr to diagnose/ check.. i do hope your baby feels better soon though!
    zandalyz

Answer by zandalyz at 5:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I also would take her to the doctor. My DD has only had fevers with ear infections.
    Honeybun09

Answer by Honeybun09 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Baths, lots of hugs and stop giving tylenol. If she has to have something, give motrin.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• She is a little better, and Im using store brand tylenol. Dr appt in the morning.
    Jenpdxs

Comment by Jenpdxs (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• If she isn't being herself, i would bring her into the drs office.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:11 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Madi had a version of hand/foot/mouth disease when she had her high fever, the only symptom was high fever and throat ulcers/blisters :( I had no idea becasue its so hard to look into there mouth or throat area. If she will let you see if her throat has anything going on with it?? Please let us know what they say at the Dr. I hope shes better soon. Is she eating at all...try apple sauce or popsickles SO sorry you have a sick baby :(
    jena2434

Answer by jena2434 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 11, 2010