For Those who read...

Do you buy the books or check them out at the library? And if you do buy them, do you ever read them more than once if you like it..or do you buy it, read it, and let it set on a shelf the rest of its days..

Mommy2JoshNJake

Asked by Mommy2JoshNJake at 6:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm horrible about remembering to return library books, so I prefer to buy them. I get mine from the used bookstore and Dollar Tree. Some weeks are hit or miss there, but I have found some truly great books. Amazon also has some great deals on specific books I'm looking for and can't find locally without paying an arm and a leg at Borders. I re-read my books a lot. I have a hard time parting with any of them so my bookshelf is overflowing.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I used to get from the library, but I lost a few books during a move and owe them a big chunk for the lost book fees.
    I usually buy them for .25 at thrift stores, or get them off paperbackswap.com
    Once I read it, it goes to the bookshelf, and it will get read again. Every book I own, I've read several times.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I buy them at yard sales or thrift stores. And when I'm finished reading them I donate them to the thrift store. I've actually bought the exact same book from the thrift store 3 times. After the 3rd time I decided to keep it. lol
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• i usualy get them from the library. sometimes at yard sales. but i usualy only read them once. I have bought a couple of books at the store but only when i was desperate to read and the library wasnt open! lol
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 6:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• mostly library for me.

but occasionally I find one that I really like, so I'll buy it.

I have hundreds of books and its great fun to go through and reread them all....
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I'm about 90% library. There are a few books I will buy. Otherwise, I put myself on the waiting list for a particular book as soon as I know it is coming out.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I usually try to buy them used at yard sales or used book stores, but it depends on how bad I want the book. After reading I usually put it on a shelf or share with a friend that I know will enjoy the book. I also download audio and e-books from my library that way I don't have to store the book.

mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 7:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I love the Library but there are certain authors whose books I love so much that I buy the books. I will read my favorites more than a few times. But the Library is great for research or just reading the magazines or looking at the reference books if I have any medical questions.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Both - though my favorites I buy and I read them many times over. For me reading is more satisfying than watching a movie and I can easily read the same book every few months. I also skip parts and re-read my favorite chapters instead of reading the whole thing every time.

momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2010