To Vegetarian and/or Vegan moms!!!

I just read the book "Skinny Bitch" and it confirmed it for me that I DO want to be a vegetarian and work my way to be a vegan. I am not experienced at all on what to eat, what I can make, where I can find the food.

I would like to befriend someone who is very knowledgable in this area and has time to show me where online I can find recipes and how to guide my way into. I have never been one to eat any meat so that part is not difficult.

Also, I have a 14 month old daughter and would like to know how to ween her in that direction as well without sacrificing her diet.

I am VERY VERY interested in this and would love some guidance and help.

Thanks so much!

Allie120

Asked by Allie120 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I am in the vegetarian/vegan mom group and it is very helpful. I have been veg for about a year now, and was for a long time when I was a teen. It is really not that hard. There are so many websites and books out there now. The Kind Life is one of my favorite sites. There are also a lot of good groups on FB.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• KT gave the answer I had in mind. Also check out Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes group here on CM.
    sherriet

Answer by sherriet at 9:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I have been vegetarian since I was a teen, and my 14 year old have been vegetarian since conception. Feel free to ask me anything!

Here are some of my favorite links: http://vegkitchen.com/kid-friendly-recipes/vegetarian-advantages.htm  http://vegkitchen.com/kid-friendly-recipes/nourishing-toddlers.htm

I also strongly recommend the book China Study by T. Colin Campbell; it make a strong nutritional argument for being vegetarian.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Very much appreciated ladies:) I am looking into it now. Im doing my first time grocery list for this....boy I am nervous.
    Allie120

Comment by Allie120 (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Use the Skinney Bitch books as a reference. There are a few of them and a wonderful resource. The books tell you how to stock your pantry, make a shopping list, plan meals, etc.and I think they have a website. Another really good book I just found is the Engine 2 Diet, great recipes! I am a health & wellness consultant and I help people with eating plans quite often. If I can help in any way just let me know. I also send out an email newsletter with vegetarian and vegan recipes along with health tips for stress management and nutrition. If you'd like to recieve it just give me your email.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 3:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2010