When you become a vegetarian or vegan....is it hard to cut out all the meat? Or were you not much of a meat eater anyway?

I've always wondered what the transition was like cutting out meat? Why did you decide to cut it out?

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I became a vegetarian when I was 9 years old and figured out where that meat on my plate was coming from. I was appalled and declared to my parents that I was not eating it anymore. They thought it was a phase and tried to force me to eat it for a while but gradually realized that I was serious and started to offer me some options. No one else in my family is vegetarian. I am now in my 30's and still don't eat meat. I think it's easier for someone like me who feels very passionately about animals and doesn't want to eat them to refrain than it is for people who try to do it for health reasons. People doing it for health reasons tend to still WANT to eat it, but just try to resist. For me, I'd no more eat a hamburger than I would a burger made of human flesh, it's that repulsive to me. If you're thinking about doing it for health, try some of the meat-free alternatives at the store, like the veggie chicken nuggets.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2010