When you first started to feel your baby kick was it like a twitching sensation?

I am 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow and was just wondering if when you felt your baby move or kick at first if it was like a twitching feeling. I have felt this a lot today and even saw my belly kind of jump. I felt a little bit of twitching yesterday. I am experiencing a lot today.

Joders82

Asked by Joders82 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, that is your baby kicking. A GREAT feeling, like little toes twirling around.
    suzzeee

Answer by suzzeee at 6:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• It felt like gas bubbles to me at first. Then, I noticed the gas bubble were going all over.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 6:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Yes. I felt bubbles before and butterfly like sensations. Now its more twitching than ever. My baby must be very active.
    Joders82

Comment by Joders82 (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• to me the first one was a thump and then it felt like a bug crawling on my belly. it was weird.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Sounds like the baby to me. :-) I miss that!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Mine was first felt like a flutter.
    doula1

Answer by doula1 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• i have flutters or lil twitches to every once n a while, but im oly 12 weks so i keep tellin myself its to early n its jus gas lol...tho its weird my belly is noticably bigger then my friend who is a month ahead of me n her pregnancy, n yes there is oly one baby lol!
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 10:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2010