If my belly is really big does it mean I'm carrying twins?

sophiesthepreg

Asked by sophiesthepreg at 6:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No, it doesn't. With my first my belly was big and I was always measuring ahead of schedule. It turned out it was because I had extra fluid.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 6:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Nope..it doesn't necessarily mean that..... but more than likely means your baby is on the bigger side though.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 6:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• No. I got absolutely enormous with my first baby. My sister had twins right after me and I was bigger with one baby than she was with two. I wasn't as big with my second.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Nope it dont, i was huge, and it turned out that so was my dd she was 9 lbs 9.3oz , everyone kept telling me i was having twins!lol
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 6:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• how far along are you? and do you think your belly is big or has your ob said you measure big?
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Not necessarily.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my twin sons, my OB said I was carrying too high. He said this was because I was farther along than I thought I was or I was having twins.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 6:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• when I was pregnant with my twins...I started showing earlier at 8 weeks I looked like I was 5 months. The things that were strange though were that I was soo naseaus and I was always starving. even if it had been 5 minutes since I ate...I had high sense of smell and was so dizzy. Pretty much every symptom in the book. At 6 weeks I found out I was carrying twins and it definetly made sense. But yeah I started getting big early. With my first daughter I blew up with my second not so much then the twins and with this baby I feel moderate. Some say I'm big some say I'm small...baby's healthy which is ultimately what matters to me.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• No. I was only as big as a normal pregnancy with my twins. I carried in really well. Nobody could tell.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• No, I was HUGE when I was pregnant the 2nd time around.  Partly because I was retaining a lot of water and my abdominal muscles had separated so I had no way to hold my stomach in at all (it's amazing how much you hold your stomach in without even thinking about it until those muscles aren't there to do it anymore).  I was at a reunion when I was 7 months pregnant and I was bigger than my cousin who was due that week.

My son ended up being over 9lbs and he was in there all by himself.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2010