What special things do you do for house guests?

Do you put out little things for them in their room/bathroom like books, magazines, flowers, toiletries? Do you cook certain things for them or bake special treats? Do you clean extra well before they come? (I am talking about houseguests you actually LIKE, just so you know, LOL).
My SIL and niece are coming to visit and I adore them. I am trying to think of some special things I can do for them to make them feel at home. Especially my SIL since she NEVER gets a break or gets to be pampered.

KTMOM

Asked by KTMOM at 6:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ask them what their favorite drinks/foods are and make sure you're stocked on those. Clean sheets/blankets. How old is the neice? Maybe you could offer to baby-sit her while the SIL goes out. Rent a few movies for you all to watch. You probably won;t have to do much. Just the fact you care enough to even ask this shows you're a considerate person, and I'm sure they'll just be grateful to not have to pay for a hotel.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 6:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• get your sitter to watch her kids and yours and take her out to a spa or go have a drink just you two
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• If I have a house guest I consider if there will be children and, make sure they have a place to change diapers, feed, and play. I put magizines and books in their room, make sure the sheets are clean- the fridge is stocked w/ water and pop... and usually make brownies, cake or cookies :)

And, I make sure my house is extra clean- toliet clean, dishes done, dusted/vaccummed- etc.
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Oh, and if the niece is real young make sure any breakables are out up so the mom can relax and not have to jump up every few minutes. Just general baby-proofing. :-)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I was thinking about taking her and my SIL out to get pedicures and lunch one day, just us girls. :)

I think that would be a great idea, as well. :-)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Thanks, my niece is 14, so definitely a young lady. I know she will appreciate the nice things I do as well. She is a great kid.
    I was thinking about taking her and my SIL out to get pedicures and lunch one day, just us girls. :)
    KTMOM

Comment by KTMOM (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2010