Calling all natural (non-medical intervention) birth advocates.

I don't need to hear any bashing.
I just would like to know some natural things one might do to help progress labor?

Today is my sisters "due date". She is contracting and her mucus plug is leaking. She is on bed rest and does not tolerate pain or stress well. This is her second delivery.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 6:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• arm wrestling! laughing and being relaxed through whatever activities (walking, birth ball, shower) low, deep moans and growls through contractions. being comfortable. I read these in ina may's guide to childbirth. awesome read for everyone!!
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 8:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• a hot shower running right on my belly or back (whereever hurts) helped with the pain, and a birthing ball was amazing for me. but i have a friend that was on the floor on all fours rocking back and forth and that worked for her. and walkng really helps but i guess she cant if on br. gl.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I agree with Cassie...activity is the best thing to get labor going. Laboring at home as long as possible(or even giving birth there) will make labor even faster and more comfortable.
    AliceTrask

Answer by AliceTrask at 7:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Evening primrose oil :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 7:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2010