What should I do if I suspect I'm carrying multiples but dont want an ultrasound?

sophiesthepreg

Asked by sophiesthepreg at 6:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Why wouldent you want a ultrasound? Just curious!!
    If i thought iwas carrying more then one baby i would def. want to no for sure
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 6:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• You should be able to hear their heartbeats with the little machine in the doctors office
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Why wouldn't you want an ultrasound? Especially if you are carrying multiples? Anyways.. I guess you wait until birth? If only one comes out your suspicion is wrong. If more than one I guess you were right? I don't see what you could do besides get an ultrasound or wait it out. Doctors should be able to feel tow babies. And they can also tell my the size of your uterus.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• why no ultrasound?
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I want a surprise
    sophiesthepreg

Comment by sophiesthepreg (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• For the safety of your children I would recommend atleast one ultrasound...there are tons of things that can go wrong...not to be a Debbie Downer but I think you should rethink it...Your Dr. needs to know what to expect (if you have having twins) makes delivery and pregnancy different.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 7:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Considering carring multiples makes your pregnancy high risks... I would think it was high irresponsible to not get an ultrasound.
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Contact your doctor. If you are carrying multiples, they need to know as soon as possible. There are a lot of risks to carrying multiples and doctor needs to monitor you during your pregnancy to make sure the babies are healthy. I didn't find out I was carrying twins until I was five months along when I went in for my ultrasound to find out the gender and from that moment I had to see a specialist as well as my doctor once a month to make sure everything was okay with the babies. Everything turned out perfect and I delivered at 38 weeks but everyone is different and your doctor needs to know. If its about the gender, just ask them not to tell you. Don't put your baby's or babies' health at risk just because you want a surprise.
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 7:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• The only way to know for sure before birth would be to get an ultrasound. They won't tell you baby's gender if you don't want to know. My friend didn't know she was having twins until 20 weeks, the Dr never knew there were 2 heartbeats, he'd find one & stop looking - lol
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 7:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I know theres alot of specualtion that ultrasounds are dangerous for the baby but sometimes the risk outweigh them especially if you need to detect how your baby is growing. One ultrasound is ok. and they can find out alot just by that ultrasound. If you are carrying twins you might need to have more ultrasounds then you expect. When I was pregnant with my twins I had an ulrasound weekly to bi-weekly. A heartbeat doppler sometimes isn't enough to detect your baby's health especially with twins. They have to constantly measure them and the fluid. Thats how we found out my twins had Twin to Twin transfussion syndrome. I'd get atleast one if I was you.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 7:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2010