What's a good reason to get induced??

kaydee8

Asked by kaydee8 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• toxemia
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 6:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• i was induced with my first because she was rapidly getting bigger, i was induced with my second because there was absolutly no progress being made and they didnt think i would go into labor on my own.and my third i went into labor on my own.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Personally, I don't believe there is any good reason to be induced other than a life threatening problem such as baby distress or toxemia. I think nature should decide when labor begins.
    Too many times it's induced for convenience.
    AliceTrask

Answer by AliceTrask at 6:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My sister was induced when her water broke on her due date, but she had not yet started with contractions a few hours after her water broke.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I am sure there are medical reasons to be induced, but I have never really known anyone who has been induced other than they wanted to have the baby there by a certain time and they were tired of being pregnant. The idea of it scares me to death personally... but I am done having kids.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Having only a 48 hour window to be off my meds to deliver.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• ok my mom recently told me she had to be induced for all 5 of her children so i was curious what would be the reason they'd want to do that.
    kaydee8

Comment by kaydee8 (original poster) at 7:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• i was induced and they should of just sent me home i was 4cm and not progressing i should of just gone home and let nature take its course i wasnt late nor close to my due date....i was due march 3rd and had him on feb 14th....i hated pitocin if i have another child i will refuse to be induced unless its a risk to the baby
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 8:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• You should only be induced due to medical reasons. Inductions that are scheduled as a convenience factor and such are pointless and pretty selfish.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Induction is an awesome tool for the rare circumstance when the baby is safer on the outside than in.

If you have an OB then you're much more likely to be *told* that you should induce or choose a cesarean...
    Obviously this does not make it a fact.
    :- /

You will see that a particular provider can make all the difference.
    Where a woman: "isn't progressing fast enough" or has a "big" baby or her water broke, or is past her due "date"
    is something that one provider may prefer to act upon where another would not.

IF something is a genuine concern a mom can investigate and interview, research and uncover.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2010