Do you enjoy painting?

I have SO much painting to do in my house. I really don't enjoy it. It is so time consuming and I am so anal about it and it just makes me irritable. I need to paint my office and my sons room SOON and I am dreading it!!! Of course I am always thrilled with the finished product, but the prep and clean up I do not look forward to. I really wish I could just pay someone to come do it all for me.

KTMOM

Asked by KTMOM at 6:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have never painted in any home I live in but... I think I would actually enjoy it. I like doing projects and painting the walls seems like it would be a big one!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Ugh, I'm tired of painting. We've moved several times the past 5 years and I've painted every house. At first I'd be excited, but after about an hour I was tired of it! lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 6:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I LOVE painting--especially faux texturing...and stenciling, and all kinds of related "crafts."

When we moved into our home, My formal dining room sat empty for 2 years, and I changed the color THREE times!! LOL I think my husband finally let me buy furniture, just so I would stop re-painting it!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I love to paint. And just think of all the exercise you get going up and down the ladder and stretching and reaching the faraway areas,etc. And when it is done, it is such satisfaction that you have done it yourself. I use Home Depot's BEHR paints.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• l love painting! Right now I am repainting our trim and doors. I am using Lowe's oil base Porch and Floor paint. It's a little tricky to work with, but it looks so sleek - I am thrilled with the result!
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 8:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• lorikeet, wanna come to my house and help me paint?!?! lol
    KTMOM

Comment by KTMOM (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2010