Do you have a basic color scheme in your home?

We have mainly earthy colors, lots of browns, tans, blacks, and darker colors. Sometimes I want to paint something really bright, but I don't have the nerve. Although I did paint my sons bathroom a fun blue color...

KTMOM

Asked by KTMOM at 6:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I grew up in a Victorian style home in Boston--where each room was a distinctly different color, and furniture and accessories intentionally coordinated.

So, that's what I did in my home! I have a barn red family room, an olive green living room, a blue eat in kitchen, a pale yellow dining room, a two story blue and tan foyer/hallway with stenciling, and the bedrooms are sage green, slate blue, red, terra cotta, and cream. The basement play rooms are an off white, and navy blue. And each room as lots of white ornate mouldin/trim, and paneled doors.

I like a traditional/classic "lived in" feel.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I love orange so there is something orange in every room

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• It varies in each room. Our kitchen is done in wine and grapes, so it's mostly purple. Living room is done in maroon and green. Bathroom is also maroon. Girls room is pink and purple. DS's room is orange and yellow. Our room is black and cream.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Boring tan :/
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 7:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Nope, we just have totally bright colors everywhere. Our main floor has yellow, two shades of green (and I mean bright apple-y green not a dark green), pink. Upstairs is green and blue. I really love bright vivid colors!!
    cjsjellybean

Answer by cjsjellybean at 7:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Beige, tan, aqua and browns in the living areas and my office.
    My bedroom is pale green and the bathroom is also green.
    Kitchen is green and red...kind of an Italian decor.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• The main house is aqua/navy color, sage green, brown, and burgundy...DDs rooms are pink and purple, their bathroom is purple...our bedroom is brown and burgundy-
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 7:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• The same here...we have mainly earth tones. Our living room, dining room, guest rooms, family room, and master bedroom, as well as all of our hallways are painted taupe color. Well, other than the accent walls in each room, which are a couple of shades darker than the other walls in the room. My son's room is painted an mint/olive green, one of our bathrooms is painted a robin's egg blue color, the other two are painted a pastel yellow, and our kitchen is a burnt orange color. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• We have a lot of different blues in our home. I'm really into blue :)
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 7:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• No, I'm the kind of person that gets bored of looking at the same color in every room. So each of my rooms is a different color.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2010