any one been induced with cervadil?

I have been in the hospital for 3 weeks on bed rest because i have had very low amniotic fluid,and the Drs decided it would be safer for the baby outside than in, i am 35 weeks and so glad i made it this far ,i was admitted at 32 weeks, so we are happy to have made it this far, my cervix is soft and only a fingertip dialated but this is my 3rd child ,so i was wondering if any one has gone through something like this before?

zy616

Asked by zy616 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have been induced with cervadil 2 times. With my 3rd, it did nothing and I ended up needing pitocin :( with my 4th it worked soooo good that I was only in labor for 3 hr 50 min and I didnt need anything else!! No ivs, I was pumped lol!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 7:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Kara..were you full term? or dialated when it was inserted?
    zy616

Comment by zy616 (original poster) at 7:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I was full term and NO I wasnt dialted. The first time I had it I was 3 days past my EDD and the 2nd time I was in between my 2 due dates :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 7:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• It worked well for me w/ my 8wo. Within 40 minutes contractions were like 2minutes apart and she was born about 4 hours after that. I had been doing prodormal labor for like 2 weeks before that and was dialated to almost 4 though.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 7:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• We tried Cervadil with my first induction (that was at 38 weeks) and it didn't do much of anything. We skipped the Cervadil with my second induction (at 36 weeks) and went straight to Pitocin.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Julie.. why did you get induced at 36 weeks, and were you dilated at all ,they said cause i was not dilated but a fingertip i had to use the cervadil!, how much did your baby weigh?
    zy616

Comment by zy616 (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I wasn't dilated with either. My youngest was 6 pounds, 7 ounces. My oldest was 7 pounds 9 ounces at 38 weeks. I have to be induced with all my pregnancies. Long story, but in short, 36 weeks is about the point when it's safer for both of us if he's out.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I did at 39 weeks. No i wasn't dilated, was induced because of health reasons. From the time cervidal was put in to my son being born was 7 hours. It worked very well for me.
    Nemhs

Answer by Nemhs at 8:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I was induced at 35 weeks due to my son's erratic heart rate. I was dilated to 2 cms.. and was given Pitocin. Never had the cervadil. My son was born weighing 5 lbs 4 oz, and was 18 inches long. He suffered from respiratory failure and was in the NICU for seven days. Make sure your doctor has a good NICU team on board just in case.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I was also induced for low amniotic fluid at 36 wks. I went into the hospital on a Wed. afternoon and did not have dd until Friday at 10:54 pm. I was not dialated they used the cervadil Wed. evening and put me on bed rest. Thursday morning nothing. They started pitocin Thursday all day and stopped it Thursday afternoon around 4 pm because of no progress. They inserted another cervadil Thursday night and put me back on pitocin Friday AM. Sometime Friday afternoon they finally relented and gave me an Epi. I was 4 cm and in lots of pain. They stopped the epi after a couple of hours due to no progress and gave it back to me at 10 cm. The Dr. kept her hand on my abdomen to let me know when to push. Two pushes later and dd was born.
    twilite2000

Answer by twilite2000 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2010