MY HUSBAND TOLD ME THAT HE CHEATED ON ME; AND SWEARS THAT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. HOW TO TELL IF HE IS SINCERE OR NOT?

VIRGA_KEMP

Asked by VIRGA_KEMP at 7:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I believe in forgiveness, but he broke your trust. It's going to take time and you can't just say you won't ever do it again...he's got to prove it.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Well he did tell you... thats a positive thing.He could have kept it to himself...sounds like he felt guilty about it. It really probably would have been better if he did keep it to himself...and never did it again.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 7:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• oh wow! thats a super hard thing to deal with. i defintly agree.. he broke ur trust and it will take time. sorry you are going thru this.
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 7:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't give him the chance to do it again. He'd be out on his ass before he finished the sentence! I believe in the once a cheater,always a cheater....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I would give him a second chance BUT he has to work for it. You cannot just simply forgive him, he needs to prove to you that he's WORTH a second chance. So tell him that and tell him to find a way to prove it to you. That's how to tell whether he's sincere or not, the lengths he will go to prove it to you.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I guess you can't really know for sure but he did tell you which means he's probably trying to be honest with you and probably knows that he will lose your trust. Which means that you probably will wonder where he is and who hes with. I doubt a guy who is gonna cheat again will be this honest. Unless he doesn't care and expected you to divorce him I doubt he'd be this open and honest with you.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 7:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Honestly...only time will tell.
    They usually are VERY sincere and mean every word of how sorry they are while they are saying it...but as time passes...some men seem to forget how sorry they were and how bad it made them feel.
    So, I would say...follow your own heart, not his. If you want it to work out and youre willing to accept his apology then it is worth it and he needs to begin kissing the ground you walk on for awhile. Its not easy to admit to something like that..but its harder for the person hearing it to accept.
    Good Luck..I wish you well.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Sit down and ask yourself why did he cheat and ask yourself how are you going to deal with it? Pick something a hobby and then pick a counselor first you go and then you go together. Cheating is hard to get over but ask him questions and keep asking him questions until you are happy with the answers. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• He broke your heart, broke a commandment... I'd say it's time for him to hit the road... to me cheating is a END-ALL.
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• why did they get voted down? their answers were not offensive or anything.

If it was me, i would leave. My DH & i have an agreement that just one time cheating & the deal is over. but, that is just us. Everyone has their own way of dealing. So sorry you're going through this. Hugs to you!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2010