how do you tell the difference

between being in love and loving your hubby after 5 years especially with me having my funks of feeling like i dont want to be with him? im not sure if im in love anymore

jennette0704

Asked by jennette0704 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Love changes over time. My husband and i have been together for going on 12 years and married for 11. We have had low times where I wondered if we would last, but now we are at a point where we are on the same page about most things and our love has just.... evolved. It is hard, because we are so young (typically) when we marry and things change as we age.. It is hard to keep the flame burning if you don't communicate and have a bond of friendship first and foremost. I think that is what has kept me and my husband together, is our friendship and our respect for each other.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• go back and think to why you married him. think of your big day and the vows you made. love is not just a feeling, but it is a choice as well.....everyday won't be wonderful and dreamy.....marriage is hard work.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Ups and downs don't mean that there is no love it just means that you are settled into the routine of life. Break out of it and do something to liven it up. Repeat often and watch what happens. It can't start the fire again!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 7:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• That should say "it CAN start the fire again". Sorry.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 7:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Is your husband giving you reasons to fall out of love with him? Or did you just get bored?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Seems like so many people get confused over this one...they think they should have that head over heels in love feeling all their life or they are not in love anymore....love becomes more quiet in one way and deeper in another way.True love I believe stands the test of time. Ask yourself this....what would I do without them? They are gone....100% erased from your life.....
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 7:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Studies show that couples who do exciting things together, stay together longer. It helps keep the bond sealed. Do something out of the ordinary, something the two of you never thought you'd do. This will help revive your love for him. Also, sharing hobbies is good. It;'s good to get your head lost in something with your husband. Whether it be music, hiking, dancing...do something that the both of you really like. This helps too.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2010