Hand foot mouth disease?

Is it caused by filth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no...it is a virus- my three year old had it last week- the DR says it is "going around"

you "get" it from another child- from their saliva

it just has to "run its course" it was so awful though- he didn't eat for three days and had fever off and on
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 8:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• here is an informative link about it:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/enterovirus/hfhf.htm#3
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 8:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My son had it twice when he was little. And of course I caught it from him, for us it only consisted of a high fever and the worst sore throat possibly imaginable. I'm 29 and I'd never had such a sore throat in my life and I've had the bronchitis, pneumonia, strep a bazillion times, it was just awful. My baby actually handled it better than I did, I caught it from him after he was mostly through it and I couldn't believe how bad it was, and felt so bad for him because it was just the sores in his throat, so I really didn't know what was going on with him for the first few days till I took him in. It's just a virus like the cold that has to run it's course. I still don't know how my son caught it, he was pretty sheltered and I was pretty anal about germs with him back then, lol.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Ok. We have bacteria in out bodies. We have good, and bad and they balance eachother out. When someone is immune comprimised, sick, or on antibiotics sometimes thier bodies cant control the bad anymore and it takes over. Such as trhush and yeast. It can also come from another childs salive. It needs to be treated with antifungal meds. It isnt caused by filth.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:02 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• not sure where it comes from but can be very contagious, we had an outbreak at our daycare
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 2:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2010