Ever have one of those moment when your heart is about to beat right out of your chest?

We've been having heavy rainfall today,and many streets are several feet under water. 2 years ago we got 14 inches in 48 hrs and I was so scared that the water would wash our house away! The cross street by us was like river rapids! Now everytime it rains alot my anxiety level goes thru the roof. Today while in the car we came upon a flooded street and I screamed bloody murder at my husband not to go thru it! Like a man he thought we could make it. Luckily I convinced him to turn around!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• This is what I did the other day and I'm still scared. I'm pretty sure it has to do with my prego brain.

I was in a hurry rushing from a busy day at work to take my kid to a ENT appt. I pulled into the lot of my day care and undid the key ring to leave my car running while I ran in to grab my son. It was really hot outside and I wanted to keep the A/C going. My daycare has two floors and the preschoolers are in the "basement". It's more of a half basment as it has full windows. I rush out of the car and suddenly see it move. I forgot to put it in park while rushing. i was watching it in slow motion start pulling forward to the small hill leading to those basement windows where the preschoolers were. Its about 10 feet downhill between the parking lot and the windows. I kept screaming "no no no" and somehow was able to get into my car and step on the break before it crash into the daycare. I'm still freaked out.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Once, there was a bad storm and we went out to the front porch to watch. Out of nowhere, we saw the lightning and heard the thunder at the same time, then a very loud crash as a tree fell on the roof of the trailer! Scared the shit out of me. I went strait to the living room for my shoes and don't even remember my feet hitting the floor. It was like I flew there and was trying to run out of the home like a crazy lady with my shoes in my hand while my husband was still on the porch. I convinced him to leave, and we went and hung out at my mom's house for a while. He told me I screamed louder than the thunder when that tree hit.
    I've never heard something so loud, and I was at a Metallica concert a year ago that screwed my hearing up for the night!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• The first time my youngest had a seizure. So freakin scary. And then when he slammed the door on his finger and broke it & required 4 stitches scared me 1/2 to death as well. The kid is going to be the death of my hair color for sure.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• once I was crossing the street and a truck came barreling through the crosswalk, my entire life flashed before my eyes. I won't cross the street now unless no cars are in sight at all.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2010