What do like ?

What do like best about your past jobs ? what did you dislike ?....My friend asked me this at a party it was actually very intresting to hear everyone's answer so please feel free to answer..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• My only real job was a Lane Bryant store manager. I liked the incredible discount on clothes, grabbing my size right away, and making very nice bonuses every month. I disliked working late twice a week, working weekends and every holiday having to stay late to put up signage and markdowns and come in early the day after. Not Mom friendly! Easy to see why after number 2 I was a SAHM.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 8:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• i used to be a preschool teacher before I started staying home with my own kids. I loved playing with children and teaching them...I disliked temper tantrums, lol.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I like my job as a hotel housekeeper for many reasons, mainly because I work with AMAZING people! What I like least is the inconsiderate guests that leave the guestroom looking like a hurricane went through it, and the guests that can't manage a "Thank You". I guess I was raised wrong. My parents taught me to to say "Thank You" to all service personnel, wether it be a housekeeper, waitstaff, or the clerk at the department store.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I once worked with people with disabilities and as part of my job I would pick a man up every morning and take him to work. When I arrived one day he had feces (sp?) all over him. There are staff there to help him get ready and it was like they didn't even care. So I went to help him get cleaned up- I even started coming an hour early to help with him. His room smelled of urine- it was horrible. I was so pissed. And I even spoke to the staff members and it was like they didn't even care. I still loved that job- just not the staff.

The best job was probably the same job- hard work, but when I got home I always felt like I'd accomplished something.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 10:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I LIKED MY LAST JOB BECAUSE I WAS USED TO DOING IT FOR MANY YEARS, WHICH MAKES IT EASIER. I DISLIKED THE WAY PEOPLE AROUND ME DID THEIR JOBS.
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• As an electrical engineer for the feds, I LOVED the challenges I faced daily (I'm a "puzzle lover") I HATED my boss. She thought if a woman made a mistake in a man's world, she made a mistake for all of womankind!
    As a JUNIOR HIGH science teacher, I LOVED seeing the LIGHT BULBS turn on when kids finally got a difficult concept! I HATED the discipline issues.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 4:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2010