Who makes more money in your house? U or DH? How do you both feel about your situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• Me and he doesn't mind.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I do and I'm fine with it but he doesn't feel like the "MAN OF THE HOUSE". Sometimes it drives me crazy!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• DH, I make zilch. He loves providing for us and I love him for doing it, I look after all the kids and he goes out and earns but I manage his side business so I think that should count for something! We're pretty happy with the arrangement but we'd be happy to reverse it if it became possible, it would be nice for him to spend a little more time with the brood!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• He does, I stay home. We are both perfectly happy in our situation.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• DH I am a SAHM although when we first were married I think I did.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 8:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• He makes the money, I take care of the kid and keep the house clean and the food cooked. I also run all the errands and go to the laundry mat.
    It works for us. When I worked and he stayed home, nothing was done, so I'd have to come home and start cleaning and cooking. He will be the first to admit that he doesn't care for housework and if he doesn't have to go anywhere, it's hard for him to get out of the jammies and off the couch!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My husband makes thousands more than I do. But he's always believed that the man should make enough to take care of the whole family and the woman should only work if she wants to. We're both ok with it, he's really proud he's achieved what he always wanted and I'm happy to see him happy!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 8:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I do. I always have so I guess it's not been too much of an issue although I think there are times that DH wishes he made more so I could stay at home with the kids. If the insurance at my job wasn't so crappy and DH hadn't been with his company for over 10 years, we'd probably consider him being a SAHD.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• my husband makes all of the money. i do the housewife thing. it's not working out so well lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I do, and we're both fine with it.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 8:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2010