Am I wrong for this? My son just called me because for the second time in a row, he is calling me all drunk from his friends house, and he doesnt feel good and wants a taxi home! he is sixteen, I told him nope! this is the second time your little ass did this, and I am not doing anything for you. Now what? I am so pissed!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I think you should go get him. At least he called you and isn't getting in the car and trying to get home on his own. Then when you get him home to can kill him yourself. J/K!!! Kinda of. Don't let him out of house for a very long time.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Personally I would get him a taxi or go and get him home in the car as I would worry for his safety, even though he is 16 I have seen some 16 year olds do seriously stupid things when drunk! Then I'd ground him for a VERY long time. If you don't let him out of the house then he can't go and get drunk. I hope this all works out for you. Good luck!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I'd either go get him or send a taxi. Do you really want him or a friend driving him home while everyone is drunk?
    How about keeping him home or away from that friend's home for a while until he learns not to get drunk?
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I think as his parent it is your responsibility to go get him or call a taxi and make him pay for it. This is a safety issue. What if he passes out and chokes on his vomit? What if he is alcohol poisoned? What if he had an accident like walked into a lake or a pool drunk and drowned? Stuff like that happens all the time and you'd never forgive yourself. He needs some intervention and tough love, yes, but leaving him to his own devices is dangerous on your part.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 8:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Pretty much what the first poster said! I would hope he isnt' driving his own car over to his friends house, then you bet I"d be getting him a taxi. Punishment when he gets home.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I agree I would go and get him and have a long talk with him.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't get him a taxi, I would have gone and gotten him myself and busted his rear end...taken his car (if he has one) and ground him for the rest of the summer. Or I might do what my mom did when my brother was 16 and came home drunk. She drug him by his ear to her car and drove him to the police station, it's illegal for him to be drunk at 16. While they didn't arrest my brother, it sure did scare the crap out of him, needless to say, he never did it again.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• You can always have the police pick him up if you want to teach him a lesson.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 9:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• 1: Call him a taxi to get him home so he can puke all over their car instead of yours
    2: Stop letting your son hang out with people who get him drunk when he is 16years old, for crying out loud if this is the second time this has happened it looks like you have some stepping up as a mom to do and learn to draw the line with him.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 9:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I would first thank him and after he slept it off it would be on at dawn. I would get him up hand him the sponge and force him to wash the vehicles clean out the garage and keep going until I decided how long he was not going to be free.GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2010