Do you go out of your way to see the same movies in 2D because 3D is so expensive?

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 8:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Entertainment

• We saw Shrek in 3d, it was our first 3D movie. I thought it was cool, but not sure it is something I'll be doing all the time. I will definitely be seeing Harry Potter in 3D because I'm totally obsessed, and I'm still hoping to see Toy Story 3, but unless it's something I'm really super interested in, I'd probably just go to the 2D.
    cjsjellybean

Answer by cjsjellybean at 9:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• It's $3.50 more here. But besides the price, I hate having to wear the glasses the whole time, and they way they make the movies, it gives you a headache if you don't wear the glasses...

We saw Toy Story 3 in 3D because that was the only showing early enough for us (before our preschooler's naptime). We had free tickets, so it didn't end up costing us any more, but I still would've foregone the experience if I could.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• We made that decision today actually. We took my 3.5 yr old to see Toy story 3. At first I wanted to see the 3D movie, but when I realized it was more expensive I decided on the regular one. I would have loved to see the other one, but chances are my son wouldn't have kept the glasses on anyway, and we're lucky we had the little bit extra to see a movie in the first place, so every $ counts for us. We had a great time too!
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• We generally go for the 2D movie. I don't think the 3D ones are that much better and the glasses are a pain. It might be a bit less annoying now that they have kid sized glasses but trying to keep the adult sized glasses on a kid is a major hassle.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• How much more are they?
    I've never seen a 3d movie before at a theater, but if it was like $5 more than the regular or less, I would go ahead and pay the difference for the better movie.
    Any more than that, and I'd go out of my way to see the 2d.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• It's about twice the price here.
    jamesonjustines

Comment by jamesonjustines (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Which seriously adds up for a whole family. One person not a big deal, four or five, big deal.
    jamesonjustines

• nope. 3d makes the movie fun. we're even thinking about that 3d tv when we move!!
    .thickie.thick.

Answer by .thickie.thick. at 9:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• If $ were not tight I would see 3D everytime but it is so we have to make compromises.
    jamesonjustines

Comment by jamesonjustines (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I can't see 3D because it makes me sick. I can't do movies that are very intense either, like Batman. I had to leave.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2010