food??

Can you freeze lunch meat and friut and if so how long

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 9:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes you can. I think generally it's for three to six months or until the get frost bite. One of the two.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 9:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Yes you can. My parents always bought lunch meat on sale and then would freeze it until they needed it. Cut up fruit can be frozen. i wouldn't freeze a melon in a rind or oranges in their peels, but cut it up first/process it and put it in heavy freezer zip locks.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I would only vac pack lunch meat and I wouldnt eat it after a couple of months. Fruit... probably depends on the fruit and what its purpose will be once thawed. Berries are fine. Melons will probably be a little mushy. You can look up individual fruits.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Most fruits freeze really well (kiwis are a definite fruit to not freeze)

Answer by rkoloms at 9:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Yuckie- I, personally, would not do lunch meat. Fruit is a YES MAM!

If we do not eat our entire bundle of bananas- I'll de-peel them and freeze them for smoothies! I take 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries, 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries, 1/4 cup of non-fat vanilla yogart, 1/4 cup of orange juice and a few ice cubes- BLEND!!! Delish!

I make my own baby food as well, I will puree peach, blueberries, pears, apples, mangos and then freeze them into ice cubes :)
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 10:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2010