Goats Milk

I had to put both my babies on goats milk. The dr said to make it a gradual switch for my 22 month old. So I also started with the 9 month old. I drank raw goats milk as a baby and child, as in straight from the goat, not bought in a store. I asked my mom if I had to be put on any kind of supplemental vitamin. She couldn't remember. And I will ask the dr next time we are in. But if a baby is one straight goats milk by say age 10 months, do they need any other vitamins? Or is that okay? Please, just try to answer if you have a baby that drinks goats milk. Thank you much!!!

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 9:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• We drank goat milk (my grandpa raised goats) and we never had other vitamins. However, the doctors these days will tell you that goat's milk "doesn't have all the vitamins that cow's milk does". We've heard that with our kids but they've never said what vitamins they would be missing.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 9:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Good question! BUMP!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I just found this article (although I didn't see what is supposedly "missing"): http://www.goatworld.com/articles/goatmilk/goatmilk.shtml

firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 9:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Sorry to add another reply but I just found a comparison chart.

firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 9:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Firenicecream....my doctor said Goats milk is actually better for them and us, and if we can afford it (it's actually available from farms here from the Amish, cheaper than the canned stuff at the store which is more pricey) then go for it. My 22 month old is taking longer to ween to it than I thought he would. We are literally doing a half oz at a time. He tasted the difference immediately LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2010