Do you think no sex in a relationship is a deal breaker?

Say you have been in a relationship for over six years you are still friends but no sex has happened? He claims to be in a relationship with you but says no to your efforts and makes no efforts would this be a relationship breaker?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• yes. i actually ended a relationship for that very reason. after a year of being together and having nothing happen, i just couldnt handle it. if you dont have a sex life, then you are basically just good friends. I can have all the friendships i want, there is no point in denying myself of a biological need because my good friend doesnt want to have sex with me.
    Des10ed2b

Answer by Des10ed2b at 12:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My guess would be either he just isn't as serious about the relationship as you or hes gay.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Thats not a relationship,its a friendship. Yes,if my advances were turned down it would be a deal breaker because WHY is he turning me down? Gay? Married? Impotent?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• If this is a friendship then no, if it were a marriage, then yes. I don't think you've given enough info for us to really say.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Is he extremely religious? Yes this would probably be a deal breaker for me.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 9:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• For a marriage or long term relationship then I would say that it would be a deal breaker. If it's just a friendship, then it doesn't matter.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• 6 years without getting married would be a deal breaker. I could see not having sex before marriage...but if it's not happened before 6 years, i'd be outta there!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• NOW LADIES.................IT COULDNT POSSIBLY BE HIS RELIGIOUS BELIEFS BECAUSE BY NOW SHE WOULD KNOW HIS RELIGION, RIGHT, ITS OBIVIOUS HES NOT INTO HER, ANYWAY MAYBE ITS CONVIENCE BUT YOU REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO GO ON BECAUSE WE HAVE LIMITED INFO , BEING TOGETHER FOR 6 YRS. AND TURNS DOWN SEXUAL ADVANCES IS NOT ENOUGH TO FOR US TO FIGURE OUT , LIKE IF HES ACTING FUNNY NO KISSES NO CONVERSATION THEN THE RODENT IS DEFINITLY THERE FOR CONVIENCE SAY HES DOING THE TOTAL OPPOSITE AND JUST NO SEX MAYBE HES WAITING FOR MARRIAGE BUT I HARDLY DOUBT THAT BECAUSE HE WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU THAT MAYBE HES GAYYYYYYY AND MAYBE HES NOT BUT WHAT EVER THE FREAKIN SITUATION IS I WOULDNT BE TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT SHIDDDDDD HOW THE HELL YOU BEEN LIVING LOL THINK ABOUT NOT ONLY HAVE YOU BEEN WAITING TO GET MARRIED FOR 6 YRS,6 YRS, FOR 6LONG YRS. YOU'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE HIM OUT FOR 6 YRS. HE HASNT EVEN BEEN UPFRONT ABOUT ANYTHING , LEAVE
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 12:25 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I am a sexual person so yea. deal breaker.
    I would like to know what reason he gives - he has to give some reason.
    I would be out of there either way because something is off about that... however you roll it men usually end up putting out eventually with in a 2 year period because of attraction. are you a front for homosexuality? idk. indeed more info would be good
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:05 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Maybe he's got strict morals and wants to wait until marriage? Idk but poop or get off the pot comes to my mind, after 6 yrs. Sorry :)
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2010