Do you think its a good idea to walk up hills, or walk in general if your two centimeters and the doctor can feel the babies head, but nothing is happening? Also what does that mean when the doctor says your completely open and can feel the babies head? Is my daughter in law going to go soon? sorry lol havent gone through this in eight years

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I started walking about a month before my due date. It helped me dialate, but I still had to be induced.
    CindyAS2008

Answer by CindyAS2008 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• its a good way to start labor, u can be 100 efaced but if ur only 2mcm dialated nothing is gonna happen
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• p.s. its ok to go walking as long as ur not on bed rest
    DeeMarie87

• If she's dilated to 2, then walking shouldn't hurt her and may help. I was dilated to 2 for almost a month, and finally at the end when I walked into the hospital to be induced I was at a 5 the first time and 4cm with my 2nd. They still didn't want to come on their own and I was induced.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I personally would not walk up hills, but I would think that jsut regular walking would be ok.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• They are saying that once she gets to three she will check in to the hospital and start potocin. I have been telling her to walk and walk some more, to hopefully get her going to at least three centimeters. She is one day over due, so I told her to hang in there. A lot of us go through this. It just stinks when its really hot out
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2010