Im sorry for all my questions, but my son's girlfriend that is about to go in to labor any second is crying because like I said in past posts, my son has been doing so good by her and her baby, and getting a job and all. but she knows he was drinking tonight and is crying. I tried to talk to her, but I dont know what to say. Any suggestions. and please do not bash me!!

I will report anyone that says hurtful ignorant things! if you want to know what the real deal is on this whole situation I have journal writings. so dont judge me, I am asking for advice. Thank you.

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• My husband spent most of my first pregnancy at the the bar. Things will change after the baby is born. I freaked out everytime he went to the bar. I cried, I screamed, I texted him nasty things....I was so upset everytime. Nothing you say will make it better. The only thing that will make her feel better right now is to have his balls on a platter. It will be better in the morning. She can punish him then too.

On the other hand, he probably is nervous. My husband was nervous and also sick of dealing with me, so he would go out. I never saw it that way and still don't, but that is probably the case from his point of view.

Good luck! "This too shall pass"
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• was it possible that (right or wrong) he was drinking because he was nervous about being a new father or if she and the baby would be alright? if so then she should at least take comfort in the fact that he is that worried about them but ya probably not the best choice on his part- he should actually express this to her and probably apologize for upsetting her (circumstances as they are) GL and hope all goes great with baby!!!!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 10:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• She is hormonal. LOL Tell her to relax, let him do his way of destressing. It will all be okay. Pretty much no matter what you will say won't be what she wants to hear at this point. Being in labor or close to it is just not a good time.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• It doesn't make it ok but maybe he was burning off stress by drinking. Tell her she has to be calm for the sake of her baby.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Is it bashing to say... I would be crying too if I was about to have a baby and my husband was drunk...?
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I agree ladies, I was just thinking that myself and I told her that. I feel bad for her because yes she is hormonal, but thank you also for not judging like some do. I respect woman like you, that may not agree or like the idea of kids having kids, but you stuck to the question at hand, and thats what this site is all about. So thanks. But yes maybe that is why he did this. He never did it before so maybe that is why. I dont know, I am so stressed lately as you can all imagine, but thank god I have tough skin.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• no it wouldnt be bashing lol. Its the truth, anyone be upset!
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2010