Are some carseat better then others?

My old carseat expired and my father in-law crashed my stoller so I'm looking into the stroller/car seat combos. Is there something I should look for in buying a car seat, or are they all safe as long as they have the right straps? I'm obviously looking into the cheapest one.

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You should come join us at the Car Seat Safety Group. We can help you find a seat within your budget and help you get it the cheapest possible by using coupons and such!
    La-Belle-Vie

Answer by La-Belle-Vie at 10:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I always do a lot of research when it comes time to buy a carseat. I think it's worth the investment. I don't think there's a ton of difference in the infant carrier seats, but there is a big difference in the convertible or front facing seats. That being said I would still read a lot of reviews on them. Check out babiesrus.com and read the reviews on the ones you're interested in.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Thank you La-Belle-Vie!!! I will try that!
    sunshine58103

Comment by sunshine58103 (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My Step-Mom bought us a crappy Cosco/Sprint CHEAP stroller/carseat combo, and here's a list of complaints of the stroller... it broke the FIRST time I put DD in it!!!  I think w/ stroller's- you get what you pay for! So, if you're planning on having another child, go with something that will last I splurged and bought this Jeep Jogging Stroller- and glad I did, I use it everyday :)

As far as carseats, there are test and governmetal overhead with those- I'm about to buy the "convertable" car seat as, DD is about to outgrown her infant car seat- I'm not sure if I'm going to splurge with the $300 Britax or go w/ $80 Graco...??? I, myself, need to do more research

MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Be careful about buying the cheapest. Alot of times the stroller drives like crap & the carseat is uncomfortable! Youll rend up spending more $$$ to replace the cheap one!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• They all meet the same MINIMUM standards but there are some major differences. As previously posted, check out the car seat safety group. The women will help you find a great seat/stroller at the best price.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2010