what do you do when...

your husband leaves and says he's going to get gas......and has been gone for an hour? seriously he pulls this crap all the time.
He'll go visit a friend, go to his parents....the list is endless. Would this bother you all? Or am I over reacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• My fiance has never done this to me .... but I used to do it to him sometimes. And, no, I wasn't cheating on him. LoL. The problem was that if I told him what I was actually doing ... like stopping at my moms or whatever... he would complain about it and say that it was going to take to long and blah blah blah ... so I was afraid to tell him 'cause I didn't wanna hear his bitchin' or get a fight started. I know that doesn't make it right ... but maybe that is your husband's problem... do you think he might just be afraid of your reaction if he told you what he was doing?
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I'm sorry I don't have this problem. But maybe you need to sit and talk with him to find out why he's doing it .Tell him how it makes you feel.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 10:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Yes, it would bother me... I'd be wondering where it really is that he's going. Why wouldn't the person get the gas on the way home? Why go home then go get gas?? Sounds like an excuse to be able to leave the house for whatever reason.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• i agree with ilovemyboyz. women tend to assume the worst, and it could just be him needing time away. just talk to him about it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My husband does this with the kids and I love my time alone! I am sad when they come home sometimes! But any break is nice, and I always get a lot done while they're out shopping, visiting and having fun with their daddy.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I would assume he was up to no good.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Yes, mine used to do that. It got me upset that he couldn't be truthful like really it isn't that hard to simply say your plans.
    Rosxjun

Answer by Rosxjun at 10:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• YOU KNOW, ITS NOT ALWAYS THAT MEN MAY BE DOING SOMETHING BEHIND YOUR BACK, I HAVE REALIZED THIS OVER THE YEARS. THEY CAN MAKE IT SEEM AS IF THEY ARE. I BELIEVE IF YOU SIT DOWN AND LET HIM KNOW THAT, "IF HE NEEDS SOME FREE TIME THAT YOU ARE O.K. WITH IT. SOMETIMES MEN DO THINGS LIKE THAT WHEN THEY DON'T FEEL LIKE ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS THAT WE HAVE TO ASK THEM.....
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My husband don't do that but if he did that would very much bother me.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• go with your gut feeling, that is the best thing god gave us. to me it sounds like it could be somebdy else, but i could be definetly wrong, he might just need some me time, or time away from the house.
    angelsmommy0721

Answer by angelsmommy0721 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2010