My son wants a buy a skateboard every 2 weeks Help?

My ten year old son loves to skate board every day, he feel he have to get a board every 2 weeks once it chip or crack. he wants to go to the skateboard store, he do not like walmart boards. He is a good skateboarded but what can i do, i need help. it coasting me 30 to 6o dollars. he do try to save his money to help but this is rediculous. where can i get boards at cheaper since we go frequent, he do not like none brand boards. oh i forgot he like skinny jeans too only, where can i buy cheap or used skinny cheans for him, he is a size 8 small. he is a good kid, get good grades, but he must think money fall out of trees. help a crazy mom lol

Giving780

Asked by Giving780 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would tell him to be more carefull or else he would have one any more, also my brother was a skate boarder and his was the ugliest think scrapes chips you name it he had his for 3 years
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• no offence but i kinda think that is crazy...buy him a good skateboard ONCE and have him take care of it and if he breaks it then HE needs to save up and buy a new one. IMO its a little ridiculous to buy him a new skateboard every couple of weeks. sorry

momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I agree with DeeMarie.....you tell him he needs to be careful and your not going to continue to buy him new boards. That's crazy that your forking over money like that.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Id say enough is enough, start eBaying your old boards and clothes and stuff online if you need new things so badly. You don't have to say yes everytime.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• set a more realistic limit on how often he can buy boards
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I am knew on this site,i enjoy the help and advise you all give me, and i myself love giving advice. if there is more to come i will read and thanks to the above moms.
    Giving780

Comment by Giving780 (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I forget which website now, but I bought my son a bunch of boards, like 10 for $40 about 10 years ago, so I'm sure the price has gone up...and he had to figure out how to do the hardware stuff...the wheels, bearings, etc....he became handy with a screwdriver and allyn wrench that he needed to make the repairs. I'm just saying, you can buy the board itself for much cheaper, and have your son "take care of them" One year I bought 10 boards at Christmas, and my son used about 1/2 of them and then he sold the rest. He's 19 now and doesn't skate anymore. If I have one board here (we might), I'll send it to ya!
    Also check out Freecycle.org for your area. You might be able to get a free one every once in a while.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Tell him that you can't buy anymore, he needs to learn how to take care of his things, and appreciate them more. Have him get a part time job, (mowing lawns, dog walking, a paper route, whatever) to make his own money. I mean, when he is 16 and he gets a car, is he going to want a new one when that one gets a dent? what will he do then? He has to learn now.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• That is crazy that he expects a new skateboard every 2 weeks just because it gets a chip or a crack! I know many skateboarders and they use skateboards that look terrible from all of the cracks and chips and they've had them for years! I used to be into skateboarding when I was younger and I used the same skateboard for about 4 years. I would just buy him one of the really good skateboards and let him know that if he messes this one up, then that's it. No more.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• thank you for all your help. i think every time he see his friends get a new one they tease him
    Giving780

Comment by Giving780 (original poster) at 10:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2010