Do you think you have to speak in tongues to get into heaven?

I come from a pentecostal background and they believe that you must be baptized in water and baptized in the Holy Ghost (speak in tongues) to get into heaven. But I don't know-I'm very confused

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• absolutely not

Answer by mamakirs at 4:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• NO

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• In Acts, when the apostles were speaking in tongues, they were actually speaking in other peoples language. There was a big crowd gathered and they didn't all speak the same language or come from the same place. The Holy Spirit gave to apostles the ability to give everyone in the crowd the chance to hear the gospel in their own tongue (language). So, no, I don't believe you have to 'speak in tongues' to get into heaven...

Answer by queen_tut at 4:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• No

Answer by vmommy3 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• No way. tongues is only one of the outward signs of the filling of the Spirit. No where in the Bible does it say you have to.

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• You don't have to do it. Like a previous answer it's a sign of the Holy Spirit

Answer by PunkinLPN at 7:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• John 14:5-6 Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going; so how can we know the way to get there?"
    Jesus answered him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one goes to the Father except by me"
    Ya just need Jesus!!!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Absolutely not. Like MommasCooCoo said, you just need Jesus!

Answer by purvislets at 10:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Uh no! Don't beleive I have ever heard of such a thing to get into heaven. In that case are we all doomed to stay on earth? Most of us don't speak anything but our own language! I think that is a myth!

Answer by kwazylisa at 11:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Accept, Believe, Confess. The ABC's of becoming a Christian. Once you do this, you are eternally a child of Jesus.

Answer by dotteddaisy at 11:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2008