Ingrown hairs

I get ingrown hairs 'down there' all the freaking time! I don't have any idea why! I stopped shaving 'bald' a few years ago b/c I would just end up with an awful painful mess of ingrown hairs. But even with using an electric razor & just trimming it short I get them!
Is there anything I can do to prevent this? I really really don't want to stop shaving, it grosses me out not to. But the in grown hair is really painful!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Health

• find a better razor. i used to get them and i got the new mens razor, it works great
    xoxoamber2010

Answer by xoxoamber2010 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I use Noxzema razors & Oatmeal Soap- i think it helps to shave often- (i shave everyday) i also put some baby lotion on right after i get out of the shower- i very rarely have any problems- hope this helps some!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I use the soleil razors and they work nicely. They need to be sharp though. Also, remember to use either conditioner or shave cream/gel and moisturize afterward.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• i just shave down, if i shave up i have the same problem
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 11:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• side to side seems to work ok for me too
    joycegina

• I am having a problem understanding why you would have ingrown hairs if you haven't shaved there. Do they form a pus-like blister? If they do, it could be a boil. They are painful. What happens is that somehow you let in bacteria into the hair follicle when you shaved. If you keep getting them, the bacteria is going into other hair follicles & creating more boils. When you get more than one at a time, they are called carbuncles. Heat helps them to burst all on their own. They burst in about 10 days. When mine burst, I used something with alcohol in it & sprayed it on the site of the boil to prevent the bacteria from going into any more follicles. I haven't had a problem since.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2010