No one in my entire family on either side remembered my daughter's first birthday.

No one called. I'm so mad. would you be mad?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 11:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Um wow. How in the heck does that happen? Yes I would upset and angry. 1st birthdays are the easiest ones to remember because they are usually one of the biggest of all the birthdays and the most special. I live in the same town as my parents and in-laws and we talk on a daily basis so I don't see how any of them could ever forget my son's first birthday is coming up...but we are having a party on his actual bday too so that helps. Do you guys live far away and don't talk often? It might be more forgivable if that were the case but I'd still be really upset. Thank God your DD isn't old enough to realize they forgot her bday. :(
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Yes, I would. That is horrible! I'm sorry. At least she's not old enough really to understand, but that still doesn't make it okay. :( Happy Birthday to Baby Lovinangels! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• OMG YES!!! That's awful! How does someone forget a FIRST birthday of all birthdays??? I'm so sorry hun. Happy First Birthday to your little girl!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• No. I always remind them of things like that bc they have their own life and things have a tendency to slip past without a reminder. Your daughter will be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• hell yeah id be mad
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I'm sorry that happened. I would not be mad, but sad and disappointed. Not even the grandparents?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I'm sorry-
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• No card or anything? and you didn't have a party?
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Is there a party at a later date? Maybe they plan on giving their birthday wishes there in person. If they sent a card also I wouldn't expect a call. Keep in mind your little girl is one, maybe they wanted to say happy birthday with a card or present in person since she is too young to really do much with the phone. Let it go for her sake. I am sure you had a great time on your own, right?
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Did you guys not plan anything? Even if it was just cake and ice cream? Sorry...I'd be a little hurt, but like admckenzie said, i too remind people of that sort of thing because people are so busy, birthdays tend to get overlooked.
    Hell me and my husband FORGOT our anniversary! lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2010