do you have a favorite child

my kids are grown but when they were younger sometimes they would stay n trouble and my favorite would be whomever was the easiest to deal with at that time. sorry but that would happen I was a single mom as they were coming up and I still am

dynameteduck

Asked by dynameteduck at 11:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have 2 kids. They are alike but so different. My son is the most affectionate with me and my daughter is the most like me. We each have a very special relationship & I do have to work harder with my daughter but i will always work to be close to her because she's worth it. She's 4!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• It depends on who I'm dealing with at the time. I'm also a single mom, and I swear the boys I have take turns trying my patience. Everyone has bad moods, it makes sense that when one is being a little snot they're not going to be your favorite person at the moment.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I only have one child, so no.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I dont think its more like we like another child than the other, but we are closer to whom ever is giving you less stress I guess. IDK.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• yes but he's my only one so I don't think it counts...lol
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I love all 4 of my kids yet the only one I truely fell in love with was my 2nd born...sure I felt love for them all but she was different..I never really knew love til she came into the world...I have treated my kids fairly but somehow this 2nd child of mine excells at life...she finished her first yr of college and has more credits then a sophmore, 3 will do 4 yrs of college in less then 3 yrs.
    I could go all day about what she has accomplished.......my oldest is complicated, she has Aspergers, the 3rd born is very negative about herself, when she was 3 she was obsessed about jumpimg from the car when we would ride down the highway. my 5 yr ols is spoiled because his dad feels that is how you show love..my son is not from the same marriage as the 1st 3
    my 2nd born is loud and outgoing and never has needed for much guidance because she is just so independent and extremely happy and I haven't done a thing to influence it
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Yes I do. I only have one so he is my favorite kid in the whole world!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• TX- this is my exact situation. My daughter is 23-the teen years were tough. My son is so easy-it's hard not to compare!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Yes, I do have a favorite kid. My 17 month old. She does no wrong and always does what she is told. I am sure that'll change soon but, right now she is my favorite!!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• i sure do!! my one and only daughter is my favorite!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 11, 2010