Should I be worried that my son doesn't have any boys from his kindergarden class to play with during the summer holidays?

Shelbyel

Asked by Shelbyel at 11:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Um...no? Can you take him to the library or park so that he can play with other kids once in a while?
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• heck no...chances are they won't be in the same class next year anyway. Most kids play with others in their neighborhood. If there aren't many, just take a trip to your local playground. Most kids that age find new friends quickly...and it's really more about encouraging friendly interactions than trying to make life-long friendships at this age. If he is super shy, try local play groups...library activities...museums...you get the idea. The more you allow him to interact with a variety of kids, the more he learns how to be social/friendly/polite/sharing etc....
    And there is nothing wrong with good old mommy/son time either!!!
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• are there other kids to play with?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My kids really only have 1 friend (together, a shared friend) we get together with so far. He's 7 and my kids are 4 & almost 6...I'd like to find another friend for my daughter, but altho she is friendly, I have to also meet the moms and stuff. So that's kinda hard for me. Out church is not that big, and we homeschool.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:56 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My kids don't normally see anyone from school during the summer.  They have other friends on our street they play with.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• as opposed to girls? why should it matter?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2010