Tired of being hurt

I'm so tired of being the one who's left hurting. Sometimes I wish I could be the kind of person who doesn't let things get me down. Who can move on and not look back. How do I become that person?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Im so sorry, I the same as you! what happend?
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I've just learned not to take things personally..... just brush your shoulder off lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• If you're not that person now, there's no way to become that person. And to become that person means you're just numbing yourself to feeling things...and when you do that, you also end up numbing yourself to happy events because you block yourself from feeling any emotion. So....don't become that person.
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 12:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Just chalk it up as a learning experience and move forward. Easier said than done, right? I used to think so. The best thing to do is to take time for yourself. Be single for a while. Re-discover or re-invent yourself. You'll find yourself being more assertive. Don't become cold or lose the person that you are. I tried that and I only ended up feeling worse. Every frog you kiss is a step closer to finding your prince. Best of luck to you hun.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:18 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I have been hurt before but this last time I was determined not to let it happen. But I fell for the guy. He's a great person and had no intentions of hurting me. There's a good reason for our breakup and I hold no grudge but it still hurts the same. Even so, it feels as if I'm the one left to have to pick up the pieces. 'I'm sorry' just doesn't heal a broken heart. I want only the best for him but can't help to wish that he would hurt at least half as much as I do.
    blueeyes4ever

Answer by blueeyes4ever at 12:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I've been there and I know it's hard. You can't go back, you can only move forward. Don't take this the wrong way, but don't let your emotions get the best of you or control you. I did this and some things are hard to let go. Try to find a lighter side. Watch a funny movie or program on TV and try to escape for at least a little while. I hope things will start looking up for you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:45 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• You have to be your own best friend right now, if your friend was hurting, what would you do to cheer her up? You have to be proactive in your own healing process, every morning you have to wake up and make the choice to be happy, do whatever you can think of to put a smile on your face.. Simple things make me happy, just going for a walk and smelling the woods or the salty air by the water.. Be good to yourself, take time to grieve and process your emotions, but get back up on the horse, life is short, live for today! You never know what gifts it has in store for you if you lift your head up and look for them!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 1:26 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Be strong. You need to be your own best friend right. I've been there.
    chillywilma

Answer by chillywilma at 9:49 AM on Jul. 22, 2010