has anyone EVER known....

a home schooled kid to muder someone? There are school shootings, beatings, rapes and hazzing reported everyday but has anyone ever KNOWN ( as in first person, not a friend of a cousin's uncle's dog's owner) a home schooled kid to do any of those?

I personally know one ex-homeschooler who has killed people ( he joined the Army with the sole purpose of killing people).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i dont even know anyone who was homeschooled. i was in public school.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Me neither well she did for a couple of months but now the child is back in public school.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• No but i have known a child who was one of the children of a family that was abused by the parents... sorry if that doesnt make sense. you never know who or you are gunna meet in your life -when i read what happened In the news - because of the children was abused to death and then buried in the basement - the corpse remained there for over a year - I cried. this girl is my best friend and she is a good person. better then most.. she named her first child after her brother. so painful
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:47 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I've never known ANYONE, home schooled or not, who went on to murder or rape anyone. I guess I've just been lucky.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:21 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I don't know anyone who was home-school nor do I know personally know anyone who raped, beated or hazed.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 7:39 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I know plenty of real home school/schooled kids, not those where the parent pretend to home school and let the kids run wild instead, and none of them are violent. I do know a few public schooled kids that are sitting in prison cells. One in particular is from a VERY dysfunctional family and I am not so sure that it would have made a difference how he was schooled.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:07 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Do you have any specific reason for asking this question? It seems like a mask for taking jabs at teachers/schools. I recently had a student in my classroom who had been "homeschooled" by his elderly grandmother. He has been expelled from school due to violent and frequent outbursts. After a year in a managed care facility where he received medication and counseling on a daily basis, he was deemed "safe" for return to the classroom. Enter me, my school, my established relationship with 110 studets. In the first week, he was doing well--participating, attending counseling as scheduled, taking his medication as prescribed. Week two, calls begin from home/Grandma. She is finding his meds in the garbage after he leaves for school. There is a steady decine in participation and behavior. Over the following two weeks, he begins cutting classes, cutting himself, and on his last day, "shows me" the 6" locking blade knife-cont
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• (3 inches when closed) that he brought to school because one of the teachers picked on him and he hated another kid.
    This was his last day--and he chose to tell me/show me the knife because I "was cool and got him". There are many issues that plague our children and to try to distinguish the good kids from the volatile kids based on the type of schooling they receive is erroneous. His grandmother came to see me on the last day of school for the year. She tearfully thanked me for being kind to her grandson--who on that day was sitting in juvenile jail for assualting his grandfather. This child could have come after me, and intended to go after a teacher and none of it had anything to do with his schooling. I hope this makes my point--the type of schooling doesn't always provide a clear answer. Bad things can happen--just as a pp said, some join the military just to kill. There is a lot of negative psychology out there.
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• No, but then I went to school in the 1950's and our school was one of the best in the country,because people wanted the best for their kids and were involved with the schools. There were no murders ....we lived in a suburb , no violent crimes. It was before the SE Asia drug smuggling , the selling of drugs,and people didn't want to take drugs or try to start trouble. It was a good life.....so, no....there was no homeschooling either. I didn't know there WAS homeschooling until a few years ago.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Gertie,

Finally something I can agree with you on.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2010