are you having a hard time getting your kid off the computer this summer and out side?

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 12:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I am having a hard time getting MYSELF off the computer and outside....
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• We go outside, weather permitting everyday...in the pool, baseball practice or games, or just out to the mall, movies, for coffe or ice cream, friend's houses. That said, my kids are on the computer a bit everyday 2 hours or so...son plays games and daughter is facebooking, and is supposed to be studying the driver's manual to take her permit test and PASS it this time. I do have trouble getting them to want to do other things and do believe that left to their own devices, they might prefer to stay on the computer much of the day..but I don't let that happen.
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• only a little but it is because summer has yet to show up here in So. Cal... it is sooooo cold and gloomy it looks more like Feb.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My sons have never liked being cooped in the house so it's never been an issue. My younger 2 just graduated and are rarely home. they love to go to the beach, to go hang out with friends, to play football with friends, etc. plus they are both busy getting in shape for their respective futures. One starts college next month and is on the football team and the other leaves for Army basic training in 8 days so they have been doing work out routines and running every day to be ready for what they need to be ready for. I don't even know the last time they were on the computer. It's been a few weeks. They check their email and FB on their phones.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Nope, I just take the laptop away and make him go outside.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2010