baby teeth

dd is 11 months with almost 6 teeth. i really want to keep them strong and healthy. my question is reguarding our bedtime routine. is it ok to nurse her though out the night? i know that you cant put a child t bed wth a bottle so how is nursing any better? Sorry my older child was bottle fed so i havent faced this before. it just seems like maybe i should try to get her used to drinking water in the night now... although honestly she only nurses for comfort is my feeling on the whole thing... what is your advice? thanks in advance!

mommy06and09

Asked by mommy06and09 at 12:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• i started doing water with my oldest too at bedtime (the dr. said that was okay because it kept her teeth clean and wouldn't pool in her ear canal and cause any ear infection)
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:19 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I did nurse two throughout the night and neither of them have decay issues. I stopped nursing them when they were around 2. Ironically, my oldest who was formula fed suffers from hypocalcification of the tooth enamel, but I think that is because she was born overseas and was prescribed flouride drops so I think she had flourosis.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2010