blood test for pregnancy?

are blood tests used to determine pregnancy coarrect immediately after conception? or do you need to wait a few weeks to get a positive blood pregnancy test?

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 12:26 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it is suppose to work withing 72 hours after conception I believe but they never worked on me until long after my HPT showed a BFP - don't know why (stumped my Dr. too- he said it does that but rarely)
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Honestly the earliest I've ever heard of a pregnancy test being done on blood was 2 weeks and it was accurate. It flows through your blood alot faster then it would on urine. Blood is always accurate,
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:40 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• not all dr's will give a blood test, some do as routine, but HPT are so reliable now a days that many don't. Blood tests are good to use if you are pretty sure you are pregnant but are getting negative HPT.
    M2TandM

Answer by M2TandM at 5:37 AM on Jul. 11, 2010