is there always blood with a miscarriage?

if so, how soon does it come after or during the miscarriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Eventually, there is always blood with a miscarriage, but when it presents itself is different for everyone. Best of luck to you mama, I know this is a stressful time!
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:49 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Most of the time yes, if your passing the baby, if not there are some instenses when your baby just stops growing and dies in the womb and it wont be realized until the ultrasound when the baby doesn't have a heart beat and has stopped growing.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• With both of my miscarriages, I started cramping like I was going to start my period and then began bleeding within 6 hours of the cramping. The flow became heavier as time went on and a few days later, the embryo passed. I became extremely crampy right before it passed.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• The baby can die in-utero but not pass for some time. But eventually you will bleed and expell the products of conception. My first baby died around 14wks. I didn't find out until 16wks. In fact my belly had actually continued to look bigger. lining thicking and bloating continues to occur. I measured 16wks but there was no heart beat. U/S showed that the baby had died. I had ZERO signs of the "miscarriage" occuring anytime soon, so we did a D/C.

My second and third miscarriage happened much differently I was bleeding but the baby was still alive via u/s. The bleeding continued to increase until I passed the sac. Then the bleeding slowed way down to end of period type bleeding for another week or so.

karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:07 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• And yes, lots of cramping. Came in waves just like contractions at the end right before it was all over.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:08 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Yes.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 1:10 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Eventually there will always be blood with a miscarriage, but in the case of a missed miscarriage (when baby stops developing but your body doesn't catch it) you can go more than a month after baby dies without so much as spotting. That's what I experienced and ended up with a D&C, but after that of course came the blood.

Some women bleed before they miscarry, some during, and some for quite some time afterwards... it all depends on your body. I hope you're not experiencing a miscarriage!
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 4:18 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• At some point there will be. I lost my baby around 7 weeks but didn't find out til my dating scan. There was no cramping, no bleeding. I had to have a d&c and once that was completed, I bled.
    M2TandM

Answer by M2TandM at 5:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• i went to the restroom n it was pinkish when i wiped n i knew i didnt feel right that day, then outta no where i started bleedin and went to the er where i had the contractions and everything passed and luckly i didnt havta have a d&c....mine was at 14 weeks....tho at almost 13 weeks they couldnt find a heart beat, they jus thought it was too early, my guess is that there wasnt one to b found
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 10:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• yes there is always blood with MC's. lots of cramping like a period. sometimes you can have a MC and not know about it for weeks. the body just doesnt get the signals.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:58 AM on Jul. 11, 2010