Diaper Rash..Ouch! Any Tips?

It's beginning to bleed on his poor little bum, anything to help it heal quicker? I can barely stand him fussing when I need to change his diaper. I been changing his diapers a lot lately, using baby Aveeno diaper rash cream and Vaseline, of course.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i'm about to have a baby and my mom and i were discussing things to put on the registry and my hubs suggested that cream for diaper rashes. my mom said the thing that worked the best for her (eight!!) babies was running baby's lil bum under some water and washing it with soap and water, and then use plain old corn starch to help. even said, when our anscestors had babies they never used such products.... haha. anyway, she said that literally within a day or two it would clear up. since your baby is bleeding, it might take a little longer. good luck!
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 2:09 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• As the other poster said, don't use wipes. They irritate the skin. Also, make sure the skin is very dry before putting the diaper cream on or you will just trap in the moisture and make it worse. If it doesn't start improving you will need to take him to the doctor. He may need a prescription.
    Jadegirl1819

Answer by Jadegirl1819 at 1:52 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• acidophelus, i dont know if i spelled that right, and good yogurt like high mountain or greek yogurt, one witha ton of pro biotics in it, and let that booty air out whenever you get a chance, sometimes i would wrap a recieving blanket around my son just to catch the potty to give his little booty a break from the diaper when he got em really bad, and he got it bad when he was little.
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 1:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• If you can let him go bare bottom for 10-15 minutes aafter changing, that helps a lot. The fresh air is the best. Maybe you can be outside for a few minutes if you are worried about an accident. And refrain from foods that irritate for a few days so it can completely heal. I am a fan of Boudreaux"s Butt Paste. It seems to work for us! :)
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 1:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• and instead of using wipes, i would cut up a recieving blanket, beause of how soft they are, and use those for wipes instead to help with the pain factor
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 1:39 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• one more thing i left out, get it wet with warm water like a wipe,sorry your little one is hurting i feel both of your pain, just keep being an attentive mamma and you will be fine and it sounds like you are!! good luck and best wishes to your little one
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 1:40 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• when i kids were babys i would use plain cornstarch,i would make sure there bootys were dry and just sprinkle a good layer on,,i also read on cm mom to do mayloccs i think i spelled that wrong,,just the plain kind then do cornstarch..i found out when my daughter was about 2 mths old that the kind of diapers she was wearing is wht caused the rash..plus i started to use,wipes that were made for sensitive skin..good luck
    ZACANDZOIESMOM

Answer by ZACANDZOIESMOM at 4:18 AM on Jul. 11, 2010