Ikea

Have you bought anything from Ikea, if so what did you buy it and was it worth the purchase?

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 2:04 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I love Ikea. I got a super cute flower night light, an art easel, toy dishes/ pots and pans, and some other stuff I can't think of!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:10 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I have bought frames ,vases ,great kids toys some of that type of stuff.Have been very happy.Wanted new lamps for the den ,we had re done it with a decorator and bought very good furniture.Didn't like any of the lamps they showed me.At Ikea getting great kid toys and saw the coolest lamps and really well priced.Seven years and they work great.I tell everyone .

drfink

Answer by drfink at 2:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I love Ikea. The only thing is, you have to put everything together yourself. So, in my house, you have to add the cost of the case of beer that's required for my husband to have EVERYONE HE KNOWS come over and help, plus food.

So, if after the cost of a small party to put things together, it's still cheaper, and/or you really love it go for it!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• They're good for inexpensive bookcases and things for kids' rooms, and I got a great small kitchen table there.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:39 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I Love Ikea for the most part. We have a childrens picnic table, night stand, lighting and lamps and bedding from there. The night stands are not the highest quality and keep falling apart or maybe it was the person who put them together (me) or the fact we have moved like 5 times but they are worth what I paid for them.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• We have a queen bed, nightstands, table lamps, and a bookcase/entertainment system from Ikea that we've been using for 10 years, at least. We also had a bedroom set for our son that we bought him when he was about 6 and we just sold it all last year on craigslist (bunkbeds, dressor, corner computer desk & two low bookcases). Even after 8 years of my son using/abusing the stuff, it still looked good. I also have a bunch of miscellaneous stuff, too, like glasses, kitechen strainer, carpet, storage boxes, etc.

I'd have to say that, at least for the things we've bought, their products are good quality & hold up well. We've even moved a couple of times since we got everything, so it's been assembled & disassembled several times, and it all still looks good.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I have only bought small items there, no furniture yet. But so far we have been happy with all of our purchases. One thing we always get when we are there are alkaline batteries. You can get a 10 pk for $1.99 for the AA's. They work great and that's an awesome deal.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Our couch, the girls' beds and other odds and ends all come from IKEA.  Although our couch broke (thanks to the kids hanging off the arm of it and moving (it basically got tossed down a flight of stairs) it's held up well.  I like that I can go get a new cover for it and it looks brand new again and the covers are washable.

The beds are junior beds and the girls love them.  They are longer than toddler beds but not quite as wide so they don't take up a lot of space--a plus when the bedrooms are just 9x12 and there are 2 kids sharing a room.  We also have the art easle which our 4yo loves.  We'll be getting most of our furniture there when we moved.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2010